Tip - 3ds Max plugin help
Clicking on the question mark in the header will open this help document page.
Edit Poly or Edit Mesh, you decide!
If you want to use Polys, tick the Convert to Poly checkbox in the Threads (03).
Explode selected objects by alternative parameter types.
- Centre Pivot - centres the pivot point on each object.
- Keep Wirecolour - keeps the object wire colour.
- Change Name - add a name for the object if you wish to change their name.
- Explode to Face - explodes each face as a separate object.
- Explode to Element - explodes each element to a separate object.
- Explode by Material - explodes each object by material
- Explode by Material ID - explodes each object by material ID.
Explode to Face and Element
These can take some time on large models. We recommend using Material option.
Attach selected objects with alternative attach types.
- Attach Objects. attached everything selected to one mesh.
- Attach by Material - attaches everything selected by materials.
- Attach by Layer - attaches everything selected by layer.
- Attach Similar Objects - attaches selected objects on identical properties.
- Show bounding box - tick to show selected objects bounding boxes.
- Attach by Distance - attached selected object if they are within the set distance.
Multi-threading settings for advanced C++ debugging. Advanced Users and Coders.
- Convert To Poly - check this if you prefer to attach/detach to poly instead of edit mesh.
Selection of view diagnostic results below. Click on the colour swatch (block) to select the objects.
- Red = Errors. There are spline issues.
- Yellow = Excluded. Not included.
- Green = Good. There are no issues.
- Restore Wire Colour - resets to the original wireframe colours.
Inspects selected objects and returns results displayed as colours, red, yellow, green.
- Red = error. There are Scuplt issues.
- Yellow = excluded. Not included.
- Green = good. No issues.
- Display all selected object vertices.
- View selected objects with DirectX material.
- Display edge faces on selected objects.
- View selected objects normals with two-sided material.
- View selected objects by smoothing groups.
- View all selected open objects.
- View selected objects texture mapping.
- View selected objects isolated vertices.
- View all selected objects with double faces.
- View selected objects with random colour multi-sub material.
- Displays selected objects duplicated geometry.
- Displays selected objects duplicate vertices.
The following tools are designed to fix issues and clean up the scene, with selected objects.
- Detach Double Faces - with the objects selected, this detaches them and raises them to preview before deleting.
- Delete Double Faces - with the splines selected, this deletes them.
- Delete Isolated Vertices - deletes isolated vertices from selected objects.
- Rebuild New Mesh - recreates selected geometry from scratch.
Moves selected objects to the surface.
- Conform Geometry - Tick to deform selected geometry to surface.
- Move To Surface - click to apply.
Welds selected objects vertices.
- Use Selected Objects - add the selected objects.
- Weld Threshold - select the threshold.
- Weld Object Vertices - click to apply.
Options to set random material IDs.
- Random ID Face - applies random material IDs to selected object faces.
- Random ID Element - applies random material IDs to selected object elements.
- Set All IDs to #1 - sets all selected objects material IDs to 1.
- Auto Smooth Object - applies smoothing to selected objects.
- Clear All Smoothing - removes smoothing from selected objects.
Creates a new quad mesh from selected surfaces, including overlapping surfaces.
- Use Selected Objects - click to add selected objects.
- Grid Distance - adjust the grid size of the new mesh.
- Retopologize Plane - click to apply.
Please note. If the original objects you select have UVW modifiers on, the tool will use the first selected objects material and apply it to the new mesh. This only works with UVW Map modifier. See below for an example.
Recreates the selected block models, rebuilding them as optimised new 3D geometry. Ideal for fixing poorly constructed imported geometry.
- Delete Original - when new geometry has been created it deletes the old one.
- Grid Distance - set this Z height distance for detail. Default is 1.
- Retopo BLD Massing - click to generate new 3D geometry.
Attempts to repair normal orientation on selected objects.
- Unify Normals - attempts to unify the normals based on overall surface direction.
- Flip Normals - flips the normals.
- Normals From Pivot - attempts to conform normals based on the pivot position of the selected surface.
Normals From Pivot
This works on surfaces. If you select multiple surfaces (walls of building), it will not work due to conflicting surface directions.
Progress Status Returns results and timing of current tasks.