Please read the below information to learn more about the plugin.
The ProxSi logo displays the SiNi version number and if there is an update available. The show checkbox when checked displays the plugin icon in the viewport. You can adjust the logo size if required.
Tip - ProxSi plugin help
Clicking on the question mark in the header will open this help document page.
Select Internal or External ProxSi location.
- Internal proxies are fast but add to file size.
- External proxies make the scene lighter. - If external, select the file path to save the proxy into.
- Click Pick Objects To ProxSi.
- Select the viewport display type for the proxy objects.
Tip - Viewport display settings
For heavy scenes, with millions of polygons, we recommend setting this to Pyramid.
- No expiry date - works as a standard scene proxy.
- Adding an expiration date will allow you to lock the 3D asset. Add the date for the duration of the proxy. After the date expires the proxy will become non-renderable until you enter the password.
- Enter the password.
- Re-enter the password to unlock and convert back to ProxSi.
If a locked ProxSi expires it will no longer render. Enter the password to enable.
Apply variation to selected objects.
- Tick checkbox to activate.
- Click on the Seed button to apply random seeding.
- Variation count - Up to 500 colour variations.
Diffuse and texture colour adjustment sliders.
- Hue shift - adds hue variation.
- Saturation - adds saturation variation.
- Brightness - adds brightness variations.
- Contrast - adds contrast variations.
Tick checkbox for material name filtering
- Texture Name - select the material name you want to apply to. Click the plus (+) to add.
- Select the option you prefer. For example on a tree, you may want to exclude the bark material.
Tick enable to cull 3D geometry outside the camera field of view.
- Active View Camera - use the active camera.
- Selected Camera - click to select the camera. - Pick Camera - Pick the camera to use.
- F.O.V Expansion - field of view expansion. Increasing this widens the cull point to includes objects that may cast shadows in the camera view. See the below image for reference.
Exclusion splines are used to mask out areas to exclude from the calculation. To use, click on the bottom right button to select the spline or splines you wish to use. To remove a spline, select it in the display box and click the delete button below.
- Export ProxSi to Mesh - exports as edit mesh.
When you click the button you will be asked if you want to export as instances. If you choose No, it will export as Mesh copies.
Tip - Smoothing groups
If you imported a V-Ray or Corona proxy into ProxSi format, and then export out to edit mesh, you will need to apply smoothing groups onto the 3D mesh.
V-Ray and Corona proxy export
This is not currently supported but is on the list of upcoming features.
The IgNite Utility Springboard includes tools to allow for bulk processing of proxies. Please see IgNite Springboard for more details.
Tip - rearrange the ProxSi Rollups
Did you know you can rearrange the Rollups to your preferred workflow? Right-click on the dot grid in the top right corner of each Rollup and hold down to move or right-click to open the config tab.